× Members

Carer`s Credit and Work Experience.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136813 by weymouth321
Carer`s Credit and Work Experience. was created by weymouth321
Hello,
I am claiming ESA I/R , in the Wrag Group. I also claim DLA low care rate.
My Jobcentre Disability Advisor : I see every 2-3 weeks.
She is aware I share the care for our Mum , whom has mixed dementia and lives alone.
I am thinking of claiming Carer`s Credit ; 20 hrs per week. I realise one does not get
paid for this. Only for Carer`s Allowance which 35 hrs per week is too much for me
with RA.
When I asked Disability Advisor how many hrs per week on Work Experience she
is looking at ? She said 16 per week. Am I obliged to do this Work Experience, them
knowing that I look out to Mum , whom I don't wish to see in a home ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136821 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carer`s Credit and Work Experience.
Josie

I'm afraid that the Carer's Credit will not exempt you from Work Related Activity and as you are receiving ESA you are already getting NI Credits that count towards a Full State pension, so I am not sure that there is any value in you claiming the Carers Credit.

If your advisor is mandating that your carry out Work Experience then you risk having your ESA sanctioned if you do not do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #137041 by weymouth321
Replied by weymouth321 on topic Carer`s Credit and Work Experience.
Thank you. I worry that, due to the RA ; I shall not be able to do many hours of work experience. During the afternoons, I often have to stop everything to lie down and rest, even after sitting.
Jobcentre disability advisor has not actually said whether this work experience is mandatory or not. I shall ask. Only they have a new boss whom is coming down hard on them all.
Many thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.